Lid Camera not focusing and now stuck on Scanning/Centering

Ok I need some input ya’ll. I started to get the Error msg refresh browser or restart machine (which over the last month I had noticed the pic was not clear & not read PG Q codes). So I refreshed 3 times, turned off and restarted 3 times, even did any updates my computer has needed. Cleaned lenses real good with wipes pictured. After that clean the printer head stays in centering/scanning mode.

I have checked all connections,unplugged,exhausted everything that I found on the forum, and I have lined the printer head under the camera while off then turned on (just to name a few). If you have any other advice or suggestions please fire a way.

Some have mentions needing to have a white cable replaced? Which one? to the lid camera or printer head?

Sorry so long TIA​:sob::triumph:

This text will be hidden

Have you tried connecting via a cell phone hotspot?

I have read about that but no I have not. Would I just connect to my hot spot just as I would wifi? I was trying to disconnect wifi from the machine but unable to locate it.

Yeah – it’s in the WiFi troubleshooting section on the Support site: https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033633634-Wi-Fi

Thank you. I just actually got the machine to work. may Lid camera was on to tight. I did not realize that the more you screwed it in the more out of focus it became. But I will diffidently keep this info for i’m sure other issues. TY

I didn’t think the lid camera was something that we could manipulate.

It is not meant to be adjusted by users, but the mechanism is adjustable and usually locked with adhesive or melted with a hot probe/iron after calibration.

I’m sorry you ran into trouble while using your Glowforge. It’s great to see that you’re back up and printing! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.