Lid Coming Unglued

I know that I am not to the first to have this problem, but I noticed that the right rear corner glue to the hinge is failing. Since I am pretty sure that I am past my warranty, does anyone have and ideas on regluing it and suggested adhesives?

Edit - I can not vouch for E6000. I had been led to believe it is the same as Goop, which I have used extensively for almost 20 years. Apparently, I was misinformed.

If you search here, you’ll find previous discussions and suggestions.

From my observations, either E6000-style adhesive or VHB tape. I personally would use VHB, but either requires you know how to apply either of them correctly. You don’t just stick them on or squeeze into gaps, they require careful surface prep followed by cure time.

4 Likes

You’ve opened a support ticket by posting in Problems and Support, so they should be along soon and can tell you whether you’re still under warranty. :slight_smile:

LID OPEN MESSAGE, started today, so unfortunate, when you conact support, they dont really reply right away, nor is there a number fir a real person.

Hi @Mar,

If you are having the Lid Open error, you will want to start a new thread in the Problems and Support section because that creates a ticket for Support to look at. They do not always see replies to old threads.

Click on the Problems and Support title at the top, then click on New Topic at the top right.

it wont even allow me to start a new thread with the same name. It seems as others are having the same problem, but Glowforge isn’t doing anything about it. If they are aware of defective lids, they should send out a recall notice or something, but it is just imporssible to get anywhere with them :frowning:

You can use a different Title for it… “My Lid is Coming Unglued” or just add the number 2.

The title doesn’t matter.

Are you aware there are something like 18000 units in the field? The relatively few that get that error are dealt with as warranty/out of warranty claims. It sucks when one of the few is you - but their CS is excellent. If you either send an email or open a P&S they’ll get you straightened out. Griping on an unrelated thread is hardly helpful.

1 Like

received my part, now it is stuff centering, and nothing happens

Again, if you don’t open a case about your issue(s) you’re not going to get the help you want.

Problem with this company is that you can’t talk to a live person, everything is a message.

Ooooookay… soooo… then… I guess… don’t open your own case and live with it? Weird position to take but, hey, to each their own! Happy holidays!

1 Like

I did open a case, is the wait that makes anyone anxious, specially when you have customers waiting

Oh good.

Unfortunately, this is likely an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like