Lid open and purple light when powering the GF

Hello,

I’ve had the Glowforge since March with no issues. Yesterday I stopped a print on my computer made some adjustments to the file and began to print. As soon as the print started the láser stopped went back to the starting position and the lid open massage started and doesn’t go away. I have tried everything on the forum regarding this issue and nothing. Emailed support yesterday and not even a message acknowledging my email. I have orders to fill, and a broken down machine I’m still paying for. I have read how slow the support system was but this is ridiculous. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Typical response time is 24 to 48 hours. Not great, I know, but they will respond. Have you double checked to make sure there is not a piece of debris caught in the front flip down door?

1 Like

Hello,

Yes, I have tried it all. I’m really tech savvy. I just can see nothing wrong. I’m thinking a sensor is out or something.

I had a lid open error on a previous machine. I was able to fix it once with magnets that I placed momentarily at the sensors in the front door, but eventually that stopped working. Turned out to be some sort of cable issue and I had to return the machine… I hope this isn’t the case with yours.

2 Likes

Yeah I tried the magnets to no luck

I’m so upset the moment :rage:

I believe it should send back an auto reply that your message was received on their end. Check your spam filter. For some reason I must periodically tell mine to accept emails from GF

1 Like

Hello,

That was my first thought, but nothing on spam or trash bin. :man_facepalming:t3:

I get this light at startup. Never seen this color on my GF

I know it’s frustrating and you said you tried everything, but one thing that might help save time for when support does respond is to say what you have actually tried. I have no idea what the purple light means, but based on reading a few other threads I’d be worried too if mine said Lid Open. I haven’t been able to find any examples where it was fixed without either a replacement part or a replacement machine. But maybe that’s just because the topics are closed before we get to see the resolution.

Thanks Chris :pray:t3: I’m hoping I won’t need a new part or send my GF in for repairs 🥲

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.