Lid open message STILL ON AFTER REPLACING BLACK CABLE LIGHTS ARE ON

so upset!!! help!!!

my BUSINESS WILL SUFFER GREATLY IF NOT FIXED TODAY - GLOWFORGE PLEASE GET SOMEONE TO HELP ME ASAP- iM OPN THE EAST COAST AND YOU ONLY RESPOND LATE AT NIGHT WHEN IM ABOUT TO GO TO SLEEP!!! fRUSTRATED

Glowforge staff do not participate here.

Email or phone are the only way to contact them.

2 Likes

Caps lock, doesnā€™t help here, Please explain what your problem is, and your fellow glowforge users (we are NOT employees) will try and help. . .

Jonathan

1 Like

All of a sudden last week the lid open error message occurredā€¦ I then did all the troubleshooting I saw available except the magnetsā€¦. Nothing changedā€¦ still error message and very little help from glowforge.

I sent pictureā€™s and then they said to replace the black lid cable. (even though the lights were still working the lid open was still showing up on the screen)

Today I got a replacement black cable ā€¦ replaced it and lights are working but still lid open error. Tried magnet today ā€¦. Nothingā€¦. Any other ideas?

Sorry for the all capsā€¦ā€¦ just so sad and upsetā€¦.

My business will take a huge hit if not working before Friday.

I donā€™t use my glowforge nearly as much as I see so many others do.

Please if you can offer any guidance I would appreciate it!
Thanks
Shelly

Do you have a phone number for support?

Hi shelly,
thanks, first thing where are you located, Worst case scenario there may be a member in your location, and they may let you use thereā€™s to finish the work before your deadline and give you breathing space.

Second, which machine do you have?

ok, now on to the lid problem, can you tell me what happened before it stopped working?
did you clean it recently, was there any wetness near the connectors?

with the machine UNPLUGGED, can you re-plug in the connectors, made sure they are square? take a peek in the connectors, maybe even some compressed air, to made sure they are clean?

is the lid of he glowforge closing squarely (yes, the magnets)

1 Like

you get to leave a voicemail, email is a better way to get service

Click on the ā€œsupportā€ link at the top of every page.

1 Like

first thing where are you located

Im located in Horsham Pennsylvania

Second, which machine do you have?

I have the PRO

ok, now on to the lid problem, can you tell me what happened before it stopped working?

nothing out of the ordinaryā€¦ it was cleaned a few days priorā€¦. Not wetness that I am aware ofā€¦

Which connectors are you talking about?

I can do this ā€¦. Once I know if you are referring to the connectors with the black cableā€¦.

with the machine UNPLUGGED, can you re-plug in the connectors, made sure they are square? take a peek in the connectors, maybe even some compressed air, to made sure they are clean?

the lid of the glowforge is closing as normal

Thanks for getting back to me!!

I have not mentioned any troubleshooting steps, only how to contact support. I live in Atalnta, GA.

I have a Pro, since Dec 2017.

1 Like

Do you have any suggestions?

Yes. Contact support. They can review the logs and help identify the issue.

2 Likes

the Michaels,

Warrington Valley Square

1055 Main Street

Warrington, PA 18976

[Phone number:(215) 918-2462](tel:(215) 918-2462)

carries supplies and sells glowforges, see if you can rent time there.

Thanks! I called they say they donā€™t carry it.

All the JoAnn fabrics here say out of stock

:frowning: the website says they do :frowning:

post a message in the ā€˜everything elseā€™ section with your location, see if anyone local to you seeā€™s it and can lend a hand.

i was on the same boat 4x already same error. have you unplugged ur internet and reset and then load up your glowforge. uve done all the trouble shooting not much you can do now but wait for support to send u replacement machine about 2-3 week wait. unless u can find someone with glowforge that can give you a hand with your ordrs. i feel your pain been there 4x already

1 Like

Did you ever figure this out? The same thing is happening to me. Replaced the Black cable and all bla bla bla

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.