"Lid Open" Message when Lid is closed

I have had my Glowforge since February of this year and have had minimal problems. Yesterday however my Glowforge showed “lid open” after I had placed some product in it and closed the lid. I have since reset my router and went through the setup process for the Glowforge. I have cleaned the machine and lenses. I have checked all connections to make sure they are all tight. I don’t see anything out of the ordinary, but nothing seems to make it change from saying lid open. I have read through several similar topics and it appears that everyone had to get a new unit when they had this problem. I am hoping this is not the issue as I have tons of orders to get out, but if it is the case, how do I expedite the return process to get a new unit.

I believe in many cases they were able to fix it by sending you a new cable, instead of having you send back the whole machine - but this is definitely an area where they’ll need to check logs etc. They generally take about 3 days to respond so you’ll want to be patient

1 Like

Thank you for your help @deirdrebeth

@jseely85 I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.