"lid Open" persisting after replacing lid cable

Has anyone had any luck getting rid of the “lid open” problem if it was not the cable? I have talked with a few members of support and none of the suggestions have worked. They have sent me a new cable and I replaced it.

Probably a bad sensor or displaced magnet in the lower door. Machine will likely need to be repaired.

Do you know if it is possible to just return the glowforge? I have only had it for about 2 months and it takes too long for them to send a new one. I would have to try to order from a different store. I need to get one that works ASAP as I need it to run my business.

Terms are publicly posted…

Unused, within 30 days, 15% restocking fee.

• Opened Glowforge Basic, Plus, or Pro unit, unused, within 30 days of shipment with its original receipt, with all original materials and packaging, undamaged: You will receive a refund for your purchase price, less shipping and a 15% restocking fee.

Hi @nseiter1321,

I see you also emailed us about this and we’re working with you there. To avoid duplicate communications I’m going to close this topic and we’ll continue working with you over email.