Lid ribbon cable

Seems this is an annual issue for me, i haven’t logged on to the forums for a long time and the first time I did this year I see that it was this time last year i was posting about the same issue.
The ribbon cable has again died leaving me with the old classic “lid open” issue.

I should note for the support staff if i lightly touch the ribbon cable at the back going from the hinge pcb to the lid the lights go on and off and flicker. i feel the ribbon cable has broken and this may have been the same issue that i had with the machine previously. all the connectors are snug fit and there is nothing blocking the front door from opening.

Hoping that glowforge will help remedy this factory fault by sending out a new ribbon cable.

Is it just me or should the lid ribbon cable be offered for sale in the spare parts section of the shop on the website?

:smiley:

2 Likes

Do a search. Lots of info on this subject.

Yes, it should - I’m guessing as soon as they have enough stock it will be!
Fingers crossed they fix your issue

Thanks for letting us know about the flicker; this really helps to narrow down a potential cause!

I’d like to just check one more thing. Could I please have a close-up photo of the middle connector for your lid cable located in the back of your unit? You can post it here or, if you’d prefer to share it privately, you can email it to support@glowforge.com. Once we have the photo, we’ll take a closer look and follow up with the next steps.

Thanks!

I believe this is the cable you refer to ?

Thank you for checking that out for us. Since everything is connected properly, it’s likely that the black cable on the lid has a problem. I’d like to send you a replacement for that cable, along with some instructions on how to replace it so we can get you back to printing as quickly as possible.

I’m going to follow up with you in email with the next steps and close this thread.

2 Likes