Lid Warping?

Has anyone has any problems with their lid warping over time?

My machine is still working fine since I got it two years with only a few minor issues. I started to notice that the lid didn’t lay completely flat a few months ago but now it is quite noticeable. It sits normal on one side but not on the other. I obviously checked to make sure their were no obstructions but there aren’t any… just warping in the glass.

Has anyone else had this and has it affected the use of your Glowforge?

Thanks!!

Could possibly be the surface it is on is not completely flat. What kind of surface is it on?

1 Like

Have you moved it or the table it’s sitting on in the last few months?

1 Like

Use some post it notes or similar to shim up the opposite corner until the lid closes correctly.

2 Likes

I don’t believe that the body of the Glowforge nor its lid is made of material that warps. I believe something else is going on.

1 Like

Have you tried placing a ‘shim’ under one corner? Mine has been shimmed for several years now to keep the lid aligned when closing.

2 Likes

Have you checked to make sure that the lid hasn’t come loose from one of your hinges? I had to glue mine back and luckily I still have great alignment with my camera. Good luck.

4 Likes

This is what I’d check too. (Assuming the GF hasn’t been moved recently.)

10 Likes

I’m sorry for the trouble with your Glowforge and that the lid isn’t laying flat. It looks like you’ve already received some great information and suggestions from our other community members. Thanks folks!

Did what they suggested help? If not, may we have a couple photos of the surface your Glowforge is set up on, and the area of the lid that isn’t laying flat?

We’ve recently announced that we’re switching the “Problems & Support” section of our forum to “Community Support”. Since you started this thread to have a conversation with our support team, I’ll be reaching out to you very soon via email so that you can continue to work with our support team directly.