Life-size laser art

Most of us have seen these 3D sliced animals - kind of neat to see “life-sized” ones. Check out some of the other things on his site (it’s in Russian so you may have to click around?)
http://www.art-lazer.ru/3d-fig.htm

26 Likes

Ooooh! I like the gargoyles! :grin:

5 Likes

I like that they spell lazer with a z.

3 Likes

very cool. I especially like the elk and the sheep.

1 Like

Hmmm… Doesn’t Hasbo have that trademarked for Lazer Tag? (Yeah… That’s right. I’ve got half a dozen Lazer Tag guns. Fun as hell on a warm summer eve!)

2 Likes

Love the Elk

1 Like

me too.

Мне нравится акула.
I like the shark. The gargoyles are great, too.
Fun site.

2 Likes

No infringement, unless he marketed these in such a way as to compete with the game.

Actually not true. For example, “Droid”… the word itself… is a Lucasfilm ™. Motorola had to pay to use the name. They weren’t competing for a movie archetype at all. Motorolla was making a cellphone. Completely unrelated to any movie at all. But the word itself is what’s ™d.

1 Like

I want plans… How many rubles to the penny?

Whether or not this is true,

Russians are generally less concerned with intellectual property than you and I.
I saw regular blatant rip-offs all over in Russia and Ukraine. I owned a great Eila jacket that looked just like a Fila, and I had some Adibas running pants. Disney properties in colors and qualities that I guarantee weren’t approved by their licensing dept. My favorite was a sport watch I bought for $2ish that was a joint venture between Adidas and Nike. It only lasted 5 weeks before it fell apart; but made me chuckle every time I wanted to know the time.

5 Likes