Lightburn

Can I use Lightburn to design and printer projects on my Glowforge?

1 Like

You can use any program that creates vector (to cut/score/engrave) or raster (to engrave) art.

But you can’t print using Lightburn - only design.

2 Likes

Thank you for your prompt replies. I used Lightburn to control all aspects of my previous laser and really liked it’s control features, such as “frame” and “fire”. It would nice if Glowforge lasers could run be recognized by the Lightburn Software.

1 Like

I had used Liggtburn with my previous K40. Loved the program, didn’t love the K40. My favorite part of lightburn to us for my :glowforge: is the awesome step and repeat! So much better than copy paste in the GFUI.

I tried with my glowforge but it is asking me to hook up the usb. I guess I need to plug my GF into my computer for lightburn to work?

Thanks, Does Glowforge have a connection to plug up an USB cable?

No, it doesn’t. It’s entirely cloud-based.

ok is there a way that I can just use lightburn? It wont let me get past the conecction set up

I’m sorry, I don’t know anything about Lightburn. :frowning:

I got it thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, that’s what I thought

1 Like

Thanks, just what I’ve heard

Thanks

I am not familiar with Lightburn. However, you can design with any software that saves a PDF, including dozens choices like Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Autodesk Fusion 360, and Sketchup. Glowforge can print JPG, PNG, SVG, PDF, and other file formats. To print a file, just drag-and-drop it directly on our app, and then adjust the preview to your liking.