Line engrave?

I have been trying to make a simple engrave line marking with the glowforge on the glowforge inter face create new design. I cannot seem to make the line appear. just cleaned lens and did a test cut, and score, all good. the main issue I’m having is “Do lines not show when engraving them?”…

PS working with Proofgrade draft board, for simple coster design.

Only shapes or raster images engrave. Lines can score or cut. If you’d like the appearance of an engraved line you’ll have to to expand the line into a filled shape or rasterize your artwork.

4 Likes

You won’t be able to engrave a line that you are acquiring in the GF interface. As @ekla explained, you would need to create an engraveable (a raster or a filled shape) line using a separate design app before uploading it to the Glowforge.

2 Likes

@ryderpolo808 I’m so sorry to hear you are having issues with engraving a line.

Can you tell me the date and time of the print where the engraving did not make a mark?

I would like to look into this issue more for you can you please post a screenshot of what you are seeing Please include the steps on the left side and as much of your workspace as you can.

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Post it here or email it to support@glowforge.com and I will be happy to take a look for you.