Line thickness way too big, not cutting through

GF would have to say for sure, but a quick check on-line for CO2 glass laser tube environmental specs suggests 40ºC may be the maximum. That’s 104ºF. You hit 45ºC, which is 12.5% over that limit.

So yeah, that could conceivably done some harm to the tube. Depends on how long it was that hot.

The electronics won’t care. They get exposed to temps in the 400ºF range when they’re soldered.

But GFs ship world-wide, and much of that is going to be in unheated/refrigerated transport. I would expect the tube to be able to tolerate at least some over-spec exposure without harm or a lot of machines would be bad on arrival.

Hello @DangerDee, Thank you for working through those steps that my colleague Brandon suggested. It looks like the results of the gift of good measure came out perfectly. I have a few steps that may help with your print results.

If you’d like to see the settings we use for a piece of Proofgrade material, here’s how:

1. Open app.glowforge.com

2. Open a design

3. Choose the material

4. Click a step in the left-hand column of steps

5. Choose Cut, Engrave or Score to determine which setting you’d like to see

6. Then choose “Manual” and you’ll see the default settings for that operation.

Note that materials vary widely, and the settings we use for Proofgrade material might not be safe or effective for a material with a similar name.

Since we can’t support material from other manufacturers, I suggest posting for advice in the Beyond the Manual section of our community. Note that advice in this section is unsupported and is not reviewed by Glowforge.

Lastly, in regard to the alignment, I went ahead and carefully reviewed the logs of your Glowforge printer and it shows that your Glowforge is performing within the range of accuracy that we expect right now. As we make improvements to the software, I expect you to see further improvements to your alignment.

Let me know if you have any other concerns or questions! Thank you!