Lines turning to dashes

The glow forge app is suddenly uploading all my PDFs with dashed lines. They were created in a Cad program as solid lines. They are not dashed in the CAD files out in the PDFs. Some of them I cut just last night and they were solid but are now coming in
dashed and therefore unreadable. Help!

1 Like

If the line is unassigned it will show up as dashed until you assign it to do something.

5 Likes

What do you mean? Assign it where? It does show up on the side queue as a cut line but then the area next to the “print” button says “no artwork”. It says “cut” in the queue and I have set speed and poser. Is there something else? It has been working.

1 Like

If the design is a tiny bit off the cutting area it will not print and the lines will be (usually gray) and dashed. Using the arrow keys you can scooch the design about to make sure it is all inside the cutting area. If you have not picked something like cut or engrave and values for speed and power (if not picked a proof grade) then it will still be dashed. If everything is dashed you will get a “No Artwork” notice.

5 Likes

Thanks. It was the cutting area issue. I’m trying to conserve material and the camera is really off so there’s so much room left on the sides that it isn’t recognizing. Didn’t;t realize it wouldn’t cut if I tweaked it.

1 Like

The camera isn’t off. It shows the usable area of the bed, not the entire board. The print area is actually 10.9" x 19.5" so there will always be a margin on the left and right that the printhead cannot access. Orient you artwork relative to the lower right corner for maximum board use.

6 Likes

Use the “set focus” function prior to printing as well.

3 Likes

Hi @technicalactor, I’m so sorry to hear that you ran into some trouble in the Glowforge App with your design. It looks like you already got some awesome help from our community members! That is correct, if the design is outside of the printable area, the cut paths will display a dashed line.

Could you please let me know if you are still having any trouble?

If possible, could you please send me a screenshot of what you see in the Glowforge app when this happens? Make sure to include the rulers in your screenshot and show as much of the bed as possible

To take a screenshot:

• Mac: Press Shift-Command-4 and click and drag a box around your image. You’ll find the screenshot file saved on your desktop.
  • Windows: Click on the Start Menu and type “snipping tool”. Open the Snipping Tool > New then click and drag a box around your image. Click the Save icon and name and save your file.

Post the screenshot, and I’ll be happy to take a look.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.