Lines with engraving

Hello GF Fam,

I’m still pretty new to this. With engraving I was on the Medium Walnut Hardwood proof grade settings. 1000 speed, 80 power, and 340 lines per inch… my engraving has been showing a more apparent lines… and I’ve engraved many things but it has never been like this. I even had it on Medium Clear Acrylic settings yesterday and kept it at the preset, and I am getting the same thing.

I appreciate any help to get rid of these lines… I definitely don’t like the way they look.

Thank you in advance.

Welcome to the forum.

Your photos did not upload. Sometimes this is because you didn’t let the upload complete before leaving the post.

1 Like

I apologize. Thank you for letting me know. Hopefully you are able to see it now.

You ‘sweaters’ engrave looks like you have not used ‘union’ in Inkscape (if that’s what you use). If you change your text to path then ungroup and do union, it gets rid of that white area in your picture where they join together…

2 Likes

What program are you running. I use Afinity Designer and have the same issue with using script text. Where the letters overlap, you will see that area does not engrave. The letters need to be joined or added to fuse them together.

1 Like

I think the engraving lines are because the settings you are using are not quite right. Perhaps a slower speed would improve the look, or a defocused engrave for the acrylic.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble with your recent prints.

I want to ensure your Glowforge is operating within specifications, could you run a test print for me?

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to print as expected, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

Let us know how it goes!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.