Link for discussion of January 2022 update

More than a bit disappointed that you went down the NFT route for something that becomes physical. Despite the carbon offset this is still something you didn’t need to do. Not a good look.

Also, could you update on the launch in the UK. Last I heard you were launching proofgrade in the UK but then nothing. Have you launched? I have no idea. Bit of a damp squib.

5 Likes

I’m torn between my complete apathy for anything crypto, and my geeky need to hyper correct. I simultaneously want to point out how a code that lets you print one of 10 identical copies of something has nothing whatsoever to do with “NFT”s, and also don’t care.

The design looks nice though. And I’m excited for the future. I think we’ll finally get back to normal in 2202.

5 Likes

So what happens with the ‘solved’/‘solutions’ in our stats if staff is not monitoring P&S? Staff is who gives that, correct?

From the sound of it, ownership/credit of each ‘solved’ might qualify a bit more as a NFT :rofl:

Idk, I might be listening to too much Bloomberg podcasts.

3 Likes

Believe solves are marked by the OP, not staff.

7 Likes

Really? I need to try this out…

i’ve marked mine solved before. it may be possible for staff to do it, but the OPs can always do it.

2 Likes

Kudos to changing the Problems and Support forum to Community Support - that feels like it will streamline the process and cut down on support time immensely!

Interesting take on offsetting the carbon footprint for NFT’s, although in general, as an artist I’m against the whole idea. Cute design though.

4 Likes

All I want to know is if Neil Patrick Harris is incognito on the forum. Maybe if everyone that is not Neil Patrick Harris posts that they are not, then by process of elimination… :slight_smile: J.K.

p.s. I’m not Neil Patrick Harris.

9 Likes

Are we not all NPH?

5 Likes

I’m not NPH.

or am i?

4 Likes

I could have sworn someone did engrave popcorn - but as far as my search leads me they just talked about it.

1 Like

I’m not NPH…
But I think it would be amazing if he popped in and said hello. :smiley:

Tell me if you try! Now I’m curious.

I believe it’s been available for purchase for a while! If you’re connecting from a UK IP address and it doesn’t show up, please email support.

I believe (not certain) that that’s granted by the person who started the thread.

Also definitely not me.

8 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @dan

I took a look and… well… I hate to be negative but the prices for materials are… to put it bluntly… astronomical. I realise there are probably good reasons for this so this is more of a “heads up” rather than a complaint. I think if you want to be competitive with other suppliers you will need to reduce those prices drastically.

1 Like

This all sounds great and I am excited to use all of these new features. The one thing I would love to see is a WELD Key. I use that the most in my editing programs. It would sure save a lot of time to be able to have that key included.
Happy Creating! Margie

3 Likes

It sucks but materials do catch fire in the glowforge and so as long as it is a proofgrade material, glowforge covers it. So for the purpose of coverage, at least with proofgrade your machine will be covered when it catches fire.

1 Like

That is a warranty that no one else offers on materials - but the fine print does kind of suck… that it has to be on Proofgrade settings (which isn’t a huge deal), but the camera also has to recognize the QR code to load the settings.

2 Likes

Thanks for the discount! i assume I’m still a Premium member? I didn’t have to re-sign or anything?
KMB

you are SO right! and a subtract. i still use my other program a lot because it has these.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.