Liquid in outer tube

I just got my glowforge and it won’t print. The laser head moves during the print but it doesn’t do anything. I’m trying to find a solution so that I can get it to work. I noticed that the outer tube is 1/2 full of liquid. Is this normal or could this be the problem? Thanks for any help.

1 Like

I’m sure others will stop by and offer their opinions and suggestions while you wait for someone from support to chime in. My first suggestion would be to double check the power setting for whatever you’re trying to print. Sometimes the power defaults to ‘1’, which is too low to do anything.

1 Like

Thanks. The power settings were set on the Glowforge recommended settings. I just barely got it. Do you know if the liquid in the outer tube is normal?

1 Like

Liquid is normal - “1/2 full” of liquid is not. It should be full except for a few bubbles that go away during your first print. I’d hold off on anything and wait for a staff member to respond :frowning: You may want to post pictures to speed the process.

1 Like

Thank you for you help. I will post a picture.

1 Like

It’s hard to show in a picture but the arrow is pointing to the liquid level in the outer tube.

1 Like

Can you take a shot with your camera even with the tube? The level should be clearer, cuz on this one I can’t see the liquid at all (which, to be clear, is how it should be, but doesn’t match your description :-/ )

2 Likes

Thank you! I took a short video that I will post. The regular pictures are hard to see it in.

2 Likes

1 Like

You’ll need to load that to YouTube/Vimeo etc and paste the link here - the forum doesn’t handle large videos well so all that’s coming through is sound :-/

2 Likes

Hello @kiramay111 - I’m very sorry to hear you’ve had this issue with your new printer. I see you’ve been in contact with us via email as well and I’ve just sent a follow up via that email thread.

With the laser not appearing during print, and this issue you’ve shared with us here we believe our best next would be to go ahead and get you a brand new replacement printer. Please check your email for the details on that process.

I’m going to go ahead and close this topic and we can finish making sure you’re all taken care of via email.

1 Like