Live in person instruction

Does anyone live for live in person instructions/tutoring.

I like it sometimes but I wouldn’t say I live for it.

I also wouldn’t say that you meant exactly what you typed :slight_smile: . Can you clarify?

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know about live for but if I was offered a job where I’d have my benefits, 90% of my current pay and be able to live where I live doing it I’d put in my notice and start working on a syllabus.

3 Likes

in using my voice to text while driving It did come out wrong , I meant to say. Does anyone offer live Instruction?

2 Likes

:blush: Well that transcription error made for an interesting conversation starter!

I don’t know of anyone who is currently offering such. The primary problem I see with anyone making a go of it is that there is no one area of the country where we are concentrated. Maybe I should do an exploratory on this and use a week or two of vacation to do something like this? Funny thing is, I don’t do videos because they come out terrible but in a 1:6 or so class I have a ball.

2 Likes

I think we would need to know where you are to offer anything?

1 Like

I dont think it really matters where the student or instructor is located, i have other hobbies, where i flew in to orlando from philly, for 2 nights to take lessons in building aircraft.

1 Like

Depending on what you need but if you want to fly into Seattle and give me a reasonable amount of money I’d be totally up for it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe having a Google Hangouts/ GoToMeeting type video conference would be easier for most. I realize that everyone learns differently, but I am not sure how many would be able to travel for something like this. If it were close to me, I’d go. I would be willing to do an illustrator session, but not sure anyone would be interested. What do you want to learn?

2 Likes

My point is I’d be willing to come to you most likely but only if you were reasonably local. I’d imagine there are others who might feel the same.

So, unless your general area is a secret, you might get more traction if you say roughly where you are.

5 Likes

I’m in for 5 on Delaware.

2 Likes

Me too, but I didn’t want to doxx anyone. He posted his phone number earlier and the area code was a clue.

2 Likes

Good point… There’s plausible deniability these days, though, as folks keep their number while traipsing across the country…

3 Likes

That’s why I only got 5 on it :wink:

2 Likes

I’d say the bigger clue may be flying into Orlando from Philly.

Somehow this conversation took a weird turn, I know I started off poorly because I used voice to text and didn’t double check. I am looking for live instruction. I live in Pennsylvania, willing to travel. I don’t know it means , being in for five. Or some of the other comments that were made.

1 Like

We were just speculating on where you might be based on what we knew. I believe we were saying we’d make a small bet ($5) that you were near Delaware but that we weren’t sure.

Doxxing means posting identifying information about someone on the internet without their consent. It’s generally bad form, I hope we didn’t offend.

In any case, unfortunately I’m in Atlanta so in person isn’t really an option for me as I’d rather travel locally. Hopefully someone else will take you up on it.

In the meantime we’re a helpful bunch. If you have specific questions post away and I’m sure people will try to assist.

4 Likes

I don’t live anywhere near Pennsylvania, and I no longer travel to NJ every month, so I can’t help you out, but maybe someone in the area will volunteer to show you stuff. I certainly enjoy showing people how to do stuff with the glowforge and suffer disappointment when they aren’t as enthused as I am. You’re more of a sure thing, in the laser sense.

1 Like

I am more than willing to travel.

1 Like

Again, I don’t mind traveling if I get the information that I need and learn what I need to learn. I’m sure an hour or two is the most will need. I could fly in and out the same day.

Dave Eisler
302-858-6699