Living Hinge Pencil Box Pattern

Thanks for you endless generosity!!!

Your designs are awesome!!!

3 Likes

Thank you so much, Ruth! This is such a nice gift! Loving living hinges … will have to make whether I need a pencil box or not! Thank you!

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Sorry to be ‘that person’ in the thread, but I can’t find the file to download? The link in the description just goes to the thread in the other topic “Made on a Glowforge”. Is there a link I have missed?

1 Like

Welcome back. I can see where you might be confused but the pattern is the first picture in @geek2nurse 's post. If you right click on it and download it, It will arrive as the SVG file that she is talking about. Svg files can be very confusing as when you paste one you can barely see it but you can adjust how big it is displayed without changing the file as she has done,

2 Likes

Love it! You could sell this amazing design. Thank you :kissing_heart:

Mother’s Day present for my mom.

9 Likes

Maybe when I retire. :wink: Until then, I’m happy sharing with my friends!

Your box turned out great! Nice work!

10 Likes

Thank you for the share… Struggled with the first try but I think I got it…

7 Likes

Looks great!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Nice job on this pencil box, but I didn’t know Zig Zag made pencils.

3 Likes

Thank you love… I’m sorry and excuses me but I kinda took a different route with the tile of the the design…

1 Like

I like your design - takes me back. Waaaaaay back.

2 Likes

Thank you… Xo

We just cut your pencil box. It turned out amazing!!! Not only that, this project was the first living hinge box we have made. I was astounded when I took it out of the forge and it curved. I mean, I knew it but didn’t believe it. :grin:Thank you for sharing your file!!

6 Likes

question right click the photo of the design say to save as .svg I only can save as .png or bitmap file.
when I take it inkscape name it a svg than gf as svg see it all as a engrave only

Are you right clicking in the middle of the design? If you put your cursor right by the “1 inch” and right click you should get the save as option. Are you on a Windows machine or Mac and have you been able to save other files from the free section?

I am on window and only let do bipmap so only engraving not cut lines

I tried to email you the file just to work around this problem.

Possibly this will help (Windows Chrome or Firefox):

OH If you’re using Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer it only gives you .png or bitmap - so don’t use Edge or IE (honestly that’s good advice no matter what you’re doing)!

6 Likes

is there a link to download this pattern?