Lloyd Wright inspired candle holder/lantern

Thank you! :+1:

1 Like

You are welcome!

Gift for thanksmas for my father in law!

Thank you!
One of the long hook locking panels can be inverted in the design, because it showed the backburn of the laser grid on the outside of the finished project. But I loved the lack of glue after gluing all of my guitar holders and other stuff I cranked out for gifts. This looks beautiful in person. Thank you again buddy!!!

9 Likes

That looks great! Did you have masking on it? I never see the back burn. But I will definitely have to change the file to reverse it. Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Sometimes I mask, sometimes I don’t :slight_smile: , this was a last minute print. In the process of burning till departure time I forgot my razor at home, earrings i made, brass pipes for a coffee holder, and a whole bunch of other things. :slight_smile: thank you again for the awesome gift!

2 Likes

Thank you for being so generous by posting this file. I was stumped for gifts for a few friends. Ordered some LED candles to put in them. They will be loved!

3 Likes

I am glad you like them! I have an LED candle in mine as well!

3 Likes

This is lovely, and no glue is something that adds so much joy to a project!

Thank you so much for the file!

2 Likes

You are welcome! I like when I see “No Glue Required” LOL

2 Likes

I love this design and I may use it with my 4th graders as gifts. How long does it take to cut?

1 Like

Thank you! This one takes about 25mins to cut maybe a little more. It has a lot of pieces to cut. You could always do a new design for the squares that would cut the printing time down.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this design. A friend of mine’s father worked under Frank Lloyd Wright. He will be thrilled when I give him this lanp. I just ordered my glowforge so I will have to wait for a bit. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thanks! That would have been amazing to see the master in action! Welcome to the community!

2 Likes

His father is still alive and in his 90’s. I’m sure he’ll love it. Thanx for the welcome!

4 Likes

I love FLW inspired stuff. Thank you for sharing!

5 Likes

Thank you! I love sharing my designs in this forum.

1 Like

Beautiful work!!

1 Like

Thank you! They are fun to design.

@designvh619 I love this design. I cut it but can’t fit the sides into each other.

What do you suppose I am doing wrong?

1 Like

On the sides you have already set, you need to pull the top outside tabs out just a little to slide the other side in. You will need to do the same on the downward facing one as well.

4 Likes