Remixed Candle Holder/Lantern

Lithopanes look freaky when they’re not backlit…

This is a remix of @designvh619’s gorgeous Frank LLoyd Wright Candle Holder and posted with his kind permission. Same no glue design with tabs & slots sized for med PG or 3mm material. Presented to you in stained Baltic birch ply.

The changes are:

• overall slightly smaller, at this size it lights up perfectly with a standard tea light candle.
  • rounded corners on the base plate
  • FLW Tree of Life pattern swapped out for pine tree silhouettes (photo subjects used to live in the PNW forest)
  • one side has been modified to hold a 3d SLA printed lithopane (inspired by all the other lovely GFers with their Elegoo Mars, if you don’t have one yet go get one!).

Please enjoy. As per the original and the Free Laser Designs category - personal use only.

lamp lithopane trees.pdf (117.3 KB)

26 Likes

Nice adaptation! Didn’t realize you can make lithopanes with the elegoo too…
Thanks for the share!

4 Likes

Totally gorgeous!!! I love the adaption!!! Great job!

5 Likes

Very nice indeed! And if you don’t have an sla printer, I’ve gotten a pretty decent lithophane out of the Glowforge using white acrylic and 3D engraving. Thanks for the design!

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

3 Likes

Looks awesome, and I love the trees! Thank you for the file.

(I can’t buy a Elegoo Mars, because I just don’t have enough time to use the tools that I have. Will I still say that in 2020? )

However, I am going to put this on the urgent project list using @cynd11 's method of white acrylic. Yes!

4 Likes

I used the remix with the trees to make this memorial gift for my sister. She lost her husband Jan 1, 2019. I made the entire panel from white acrylic. She loved it.

Thank you to @designvh619 and @ekla for making this possible.

8 Likes

It looks like a lithophane. It came out great!

1 Like

That looks amazing and such a thoughtful gift!

1 Like

sniffles amazing

1 Like

Beautiful,…Thanks for sharing

1 Like