Lockheed F-117 Nighthawk Model

I was showing my son a pic of the Discovery model and he saw this and got so excited! :smiley: Looks like we have at least two projects to work on together very soon! :slight_smile: Ty!

Amazing work!

I finally got this done and wanted to thank you for all your efforts, It’s been great fun doing this with my 5 yr old grandson and the opportunity to learn was astounding for him as well as me. We did it exactly the way he said it should be , and I’m not familiar with how to post the pics of it , but I’d love for you to see what he says is “WonderWomans Speed Jet” Can you direct me that way and I’ll get some pics up of it. Not too shabby for an inquisitive 5 yr old . thanks for any help you can offer.
Regards,
Ron

2 Likes

Click on the pencil logo image on your reply, then either click on the upload logo image and find the image or drag the image from the folder it’s in to the reply box (on a desktop computer).

Thank you very much, I’ll get them up there pronto.

10 Likes

Oh that’s gorgeous!

Great choice for material. Well done - thanks for sharing pics.

I couldn’t disagree with him , when i tried explaining that stealth kind of meant invisible( to radar) , he reasoned that if it was invisible then it had to look like wonder woman’s jet… so there it is. Thanks so much for the great design, it went together perfectly and was very enjoyable to do.

1 Like

I absolutely love this design. Has anyone taken a stab at scaling it? I’d like to print something more on the scale of a larger Christmas Ornament, but the tabs and slots won’t work if you just simply scale to 50%. Is there a tool for adjusting or maybe redoing the tabs and slots?

Havent tried to scale down but in theory if you scale the pattern by 50% you could successfully cut on material that is half as thick as what the design calls for. The kerf compensation that is baked into the SVG will also be reduced by half so the parts may fit loosely since the laser will still remove the same amount of material during the cut. On second thought a thinner material will cut faster so the cuts will be just slightly tighter so there is some reason to be hopeful it could all work out. I have not tried this so fair warning there are probably more surprises and problems- but its a start.

Another idea is to just remove all the holes and trim the fingers completely from the SVG and glue up everything instead. Good luck!

1 Like

Thanks @iufer! My kids had a blast putting this together.

9 Likes

:heart: that looks less like 21st century stealth, and a LOT like 20th century stealth :smiley:

4 Likes

@iufer, I emphatically endorse a Cybertruck model! Heck, may actually have fewer planes than this model (pun intended).

1 Like

The sideview is available here - just need to get the width designed!

I made this a while back but never got around to posting it.; my rendition of the fantastic F117 model that @iufer made with some added details for fun!

19 Likes

Sweet! If there were a banana to scale, would it fit in the picture?
Or a measurement if you wanna be all accurate about scale :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

From the very tip to the end of the two rear wings, it measures 11.25" and the wing span is 7.5"

5 Likes

Wow - that’s 3x what I was presuming!

1 Like

Awesome! I love the clear support. My artist brain said, “Wow! What an effect!” and the engineer brains said, “How did he do that?”

5 Likes

I absolutely love to see the remixes of this design and this is one of the best! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like