Login after Successful Print

Hello Glowstaff,

I’m having the minor annoyance of being able to successfully print a test piece, waiting for cool down, calibration, repositioning my graphic, updating settings, pressing Print button, then being prompted to login when the scanning material dialog displays.

Since I have no idea anymore what my password is (long story) I hit escape and watch the browser refresh taking my settings, etc. It would be appreciated if you’d mail password reset instructions too :smile:

This is new behavior tonight. Latest occurrence (4th time in a row) at 8:42 PM Eastern

Thanks.

EDIT: Appears that I had the Home screen open on a second computer and that apparently confuses the GFUI. I think this is resolved.

5 Likes

Either way, you might want to do a password reset for when an update trashes your saved passwords.

2 Likes

True enough. It’s been on my list of things to do for too long.

2 Likes

Mine did that about a dozen times over the weekend. Haven’t been on all week though so don’t know if it’s still a problem. It was odd - I wondered whether it was because I hadn’t logged out of the app or recycled the machine in days so I did both but that didn’t change things. Since I’ve got the password stored in Chrome I was just hitting the enter key to respond to the pop-up but it was a minor irritant. I figured it was just something burping in the software and they’d fix it.

Bottomline, you aren’t alone.

1 Like

I’m glad you’ve solved it.

You can reset your password by following these steps:

1. Navigate to app.glowforge.com
  2. Click on your name in the upper right corner
  3. Click on the “Password” tab on the left side
  4. Enter and confirm your new password
  5. Click on “Save Changes”
2 Likes