Loose belt?

I have been having issues for almost a month now. All of a sudden my machine started skipping weirdly when I engraved. I cleaned it good, did some troubleshooting and it was determined that I needed a replacement print head carriage because one of my wheels was chipped. The piece was out of stock so I waiting and finally received the replacement. I was nervous because I didn’t think this was going to fix it and sure enough I still have issues. Was told it’s symptoms of a loose belt but I have loosened and tightened it and tried cuts and prints at least 20 times. Any help would be appreciated.
Uploading: C44A9572-4B8B-42C2-B297-ED17260FA56F.jpeg…
Uploading: 71A327FC-6D22-4EDB-9162-8D6CEB60A9A8.jpeg…
Processing: 6535B59D-1ED0-411D-AE9B-80ABCA8687C2.jpeg…
Uploading: DDCC7DE5-1D4F-4BBE-984D-A11C48EE2106.jpeg…
Uploading: IMG_5626.MOV…

Unfortunately, your video/pics did not upload. Double check that the rail that the carriage plate travels is free of nicks or debris. Can you share a photo from underneath showing the location of the right pulley wheel for the carriage plate? (The one you adjust)

This is what mine looks like. It has never been moved as I don’t loosen it to remove my carriage plate.

2 Likes

If you try you load again, wait for everything to finish uploading first.

My next step would be a new ribbon cable that goes in the back of the lid lower down. This has been a weak link for many of us < I now carry a few spares , its possible this cold be it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.