Lost of Cutting area

I’ve not been able to cut larger projects with my basic
I am owner of a Basic machine being a Kickstarter
I done an alignment on the machine. Almost 1 inch away from left border, 1/8 from right side. Cutting size is 19.299 in (490.185 mm) x 10.460 (265.673mm). I do not have a 11 x 19.5 cutting area. Any suggestions.

The 11 x 19.5 figure is approximate – what you’ve measured is accurate – mine is about the same.

4 Likes

And it is just a bit bigger than it was when you first got it. There have been a great many improvements since then

The max cutting area on my original Pro is 19.472 W x 10.972 H, which is identical to when I first received it - I cut a “frame” from the maximum cut area to use as a ruler for positioning material before we had the guides in the workspace. I just re-measured it.

I am not aware of any difference in cutting area between the pro and basic in the original machines.

1 Like

thank you, I thought I was going nuts. Has your machine cutting area move over from the left side. My area is about a inch from the left edge of the crumb tray

It has not changed, but it is about .7" from the left edge, which is significantly more than the right.

The positioning of your crumb tray might affect it a little. Make sure the feet are centered in the recesses in the floor of the machine.

1 Like

Your Glowforge bed can accommodate materials measuring 18 x 20.4”. Your Glowforge has a maximum printable area of approximately 11″ (279 mm) deep and 19.5″ (495 mm) wide, and it’s reduced somewhat when the laser operates at high speed, as it can take space for the laser to decelerate.

This means not all of the bed is displayed, or available to be printed on, so there will always be about an inch of space on the left. This material can be reused as scrap later for small pieces. For example, a lot of customers use small pieces of scrap to print these pins available in the free laser design section: Honeycomb bed holdown pins

I hope this information helps!

It’s been some time since we’ve seen replies on this thread. Would you let us know if my colleague Marc’s steps help resolve the trouble?

Sure I would. I’ll try anything once. thanks

Hi @joe1957. Thanks for getting back and letting us know you’ll try Marc’s suggestion about the Honeycomb bed holdown pins. I’ll leave this thread open for another day in case you run into any trouble. Thank you!