LOTR Cribbage

Glowforge #3, or 2nd replacement unit has arrived! First project with the new :glowforge:, I made a Lord of the Rings cribbage board for myself. I ended up having to do the top layer twice, as the original one done in walnut plywood from Owyn’s had some of the top layer chip off. I re-ran it and this time I didn’t have any walnut plywood left, so I did it in Cherry, which is what I had on hand. I added a compartment for the pegs on the bottom. The original one I used masking, but it was dreadful to get off. So the second one I didn’t. Not sure if I like the burnt edges on this, but my thought was that it fits the theme. I’m happy with the end result. :slight_smile:

LOTR_Cribbage-_1280x-10

Pegs were ordered from Amazon

LOTR_Cribbage-_1280x-15

What’s the elvish word for friend?

59 Likes

So cool! I need to learn that game one day. :grinning:

3 Likes

Looks great!

If you don’t like the burn, most of it will probably clean off. I use a soft toothbrush and denatured alcohol and it removes the sap and smoke residue.

5 Likes

I especially like the shading in the mountains. That is such a beautiful board. :grinning:

4 Likes

For some reason I just assumed you already knew how to play :laughing:

I used to play with my mom all the time, and this board looks amazing!

1 Like

Nope, never tried it. Is it a strategy game? :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s a card game, and I suppose there is a bit of strategy to it. I learned to play as a kid with my grandpa. It’s great for kids too, as it teaches you to count and add in your head.

3 Likes

Oooh! I like card games. I need to go find an online version and learn to play. (The odds of getting DH to play with me are slightly south of nil.) :smile:

2 Likes

I love this! I am in the process of creating a Nightmare before Christmas cribbage board for a friend. Do you have the link for the pegs?

3 Likes

In UK, matches are traditionally used rather than pegs.
At least in any pub I’ve been in.
Though it might be different now with pubs being no smoking areas !
:upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It’s a lovely board, and I think the burned edges add to the “old world “ look. The peg storage with secret word is so clever!

2 Likes

The link for the pegs on Amazon is:

24-piece Spare Cribbage Pegs & Instructions https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045ZA6SW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_yxJlBbNEFNN5M

I bought the 24 pack, as I figured I’d make another board someday. I think you can also get them in a 12 pack for cheaper.

3 Likes

Thanks!

Stunning piece!

2 Likes

This is AMAZING. Do you sell the file?

1 Like

How many of us here on the forum have or are planning to learn cribbage just so we can make a board? :wink:

4 Likes

I learned cribbage as a kid playing with my mom. It’s a great game, and I definitely think everyone should learn :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I sell the cribbage template, but it doesn’t have any of the LOTR images on it due to copyright. This was a persona project, and one of a few cribbage boards I’ve created.

2 Likes