Macbook Pro Engraving

Hello Gloforgers!

This is my very first post, and I would like to begin by saying thanks to all of you who have been sharing your knowledge and artistic vision over the past few years, it has been a great help.

To be brief, I have wanted this art I stumbled on engraved on my MacBook Pro, and after many attempts, part orders from amazon, and reading from the user posts in the community, I was able to push my personal envelope and make the idea a reality.

Thanks!

97 Likes

That is absolutely gorgeous
You should find the original artist and show them, I bet they’ll love it

10 Likes

What a great idea!

1 Like

Turned out fantastic. So cool.

4 Likes

You are so brave! Great job!

4 Likes

There was a lot of trial and error. Fortunate enough you can order MacBook panels on Amazon. :wink:

5 Likes

Beautiful. I’m not brave enough to put my MBP in the fire just yet. Great job.

4 Likes

the screen replacement isn’t too bad for the mbp, my son threw a dog bone into the screen and shattered it, so I bought a replacement and did it @ home, it is modular, the whole lid. @geek2nurse had a mishap with this, so I backed down from my plans…
@blorenzo77 great engrave!

7 Likes

That is beautiful! What speed/power/LPI/focus/pass setting did you use? And was it SD photo engrave setting and did you leave the crumb tray in?

Thanks in advance - I’ve got a new MacBook on the way and am both terrified and excited to engrave it. I’m also only a week old at being a GF owner so any and all tip are greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

4 Likes

Stunning artwork! You’re brave indeed.

3 Likes

That is so beautiful!!!

3 Likes

stunning!

2 Likes

You select Macbook from the materials list, then you have default score and engrave settings.

5 Likes

Fantastic!

1 Like

Wow. What a great result!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning!! Well done!

1 Like

You got your answer because it’s a PG setting, but so you are aware - the only place we’re allowed to discuss Non PG settings is in the Beyond the Manual category. So if you’re looking for something not PG you should search there, or ask the person privately. If they post here the moderators have to either delete it or move the entire post to Beyond the Manual which isn’t always what you’re looking for since the MoaG category is for showing off!

Welcome to the community - there is so much information here!

2 Likes

Hi, If you would like the setting please feel free to private message me. I was about to respond but it appears that this post might be moved to another forum. Im not that up on the lingo here we can have a side discussion. I will share what I know with you.

3 Likes

For sure :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Just brilliant! NIce job!

1 Like