Machine constantly "skipping"

I am only 2 engraved cutting boards & 10 wooden spoons in, on a brand new Glowforge Pro…and this thing “skips” every other spoon!!! It starts out engraving good, the does a little skip, and the rest of the engraving is off!!! $6000 and this is what I am dealing with already!!! HELP!!!

How thick are the spoons? If it is skipping regularly like that, I would suspect the air assist might be bumping itself on the spoons.

Watch it closely to see if it’s hitting something.

Not hitting anything…they are .31 thick

I would check your belt tensions. There are three belts, make sure none of them seem loose.

Also check for debris on your rails and belts, and make sure the “dimples” the tray sits in don’t have anything in them.

Photo please. You have already gotten some good tips, but a picture showing the skip and the “off” would help.

1 Like

I THINK MY PINS WERE SITTING TOO HIGH!!! I adjusted them and everything seems to be going good. Thanks for that suggestion1

Yup - when @Jules suggests a fix, it is well worth looking into!

1 Like

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!