Machine power problem

Hello
I received my new glowforge, I did the calibration, the machine loses power when it comes to the left of my machine.
Cannot cut parts.
I do not know what to do.

1 Like

Sadly there’s a chance that your mirror got miss-aligned in transit which would require an exchange - BUT there are a few things we can test before it gets to that point, so fingers crossed.

Verify that your crumb tray is fully in its divots (if it wiggles it should only be a tiny bit), then verify that your material is flat across the crumb tray - taping it down, using hold down pins, or magnets can all help with that.
Also, all the machines are tested fully in the factory, so take pictures (and clean if necessary) of the lens, the mirror in the head, the mirror under the left side of the machine, and the windows on the underside of the head. Take photos and post them here to confirm all is well.

To verify the issue, print a Gift of Good Measure (in your dashboard) on a piece of PG material in the area where it loses power, post the time you did so and photos of the front and back.

A staff member will be along ASAP (within a day) and if it’s an exchange situation they’ll take the conversation to email (make sure to add @glowforge.com to your whitelist) so they can get shipping info.

3 Likes

all mirrors are clean and in place …

2 Likes

It’s perfect on the left while on the right it doesn’t work at all!

1 Like

Yeah, it really looks like it’s the mirror and they’ll end up having to replace - but wait until a staff member gets here to confirm.
If you already put your box and packing materials somewhere out of the way you’ll probably want to dig them out :frowning:

I’m a bit disappointed. I received this machine on Tuesday. I already had to send the one back because the tube broke.
I hope they will quickly send the spare one I can not stay with 2 machines to send!

Thank you !

@m-line03
I can see that you’ve also reached out via chat and that our support team has contacted you there. To avoid duplicate communication and expedite your process, I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.