Machine powered down while setting up print

I was swapping material sheets in the middle of a project that required two sheets. The first printed perfectly. I uploaded the file for the second sheet, adjusted the location and verified all of the settings were correct. I hit the print button in the app and the printer head began centering and scanning, but suddenly lost all power. LEDs turned off, fan turned off, tube turned off. I checked the power switch and it was still in the on position. I turned it off for troubleshooting. There is a lamp plugged into the same outlet, but which was not on at the time. I turned it on to verify power available. It worked indicating that power is available to the outlet and thereby the GF. I then checked the physical connections of both ends of the GF power cable and both are secure. The GF is not plugged into an power strip or surge protector, just directly to the outlet. I checked the outlet and it does not appear to be overheated. After waiting three or four minutes I turned the power switch back on and still had no power.

Original problem occurred at approximately 17:15 eastern on Sunday 4/26.

Now what?

After reading through some other posts in Problems and Support I figured I needed to provide some additional info. My machine is a Plus model so there is no staple in the back. I have checked the exhaust port, fan, and hose for obstruction and everything appears normal. Shortly after the original problem occurred I hit cancel print in the app. Now, thirty minutes later it is still trying to cancel. Alternate power cords have not worked. Room temperature and outside temperature are both approximately 72F. Lifetime cumulative machine run time is about 5 or 6 hours since I only got it two weeks ago.

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve covered all the bases, I doubt there’s anything more you can do but wait for support.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.