Machine stopped, purple light (Offline)

While starting a job, the head stopped half way through the centering and focus portion. Now, it has a purple light/led and is non-responsive. I have looked through the rest of the forum posts, and none appear to have a resolution. Looking for help/advice.

After a bit of time sitting there and power-cycling a few times, it just started working (moving the head). I did attempt to force the wifi reset settings by holding the button for 10-15 seconds, but it never went into that mode. That’s when it started to move again. Can’t explain it, but it’s working again.

Huh. Was there a cooling message or anything? Other than the purple, it sounds like what it does when it needs to take a break and cool down.

Nope… just “Offline” in the upper right. It had been sitting for a few minutes prior to starting the next job when this happened.

I’m sorry that we missed this thread. Thank you for letting us know about the trouble. Has the issue reoccured since you first reported it?

Also, could you share a bit about how far your Glowforge is located away from the Wi-Fi access point it connects to? I extracted the logs from your unit, and it may have been having trouble maintaining a stable connection.

1 Like

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this or run into any other trouble, please either start a new topic or email support@glowforge.com.