Machine stuck in focusing mode

I have cut and engraved approx. 1 hour total on a brand new plus machine, and now when I power up, it stays in focusing mode forever. I have cycled power, cleaned all lenses and mirror, and have had no change in status. Anyone out there know what I can do to remedy this?

1 Like

There is a ribbon across the back that can be damaged quickly or not at all. It is not a matter of time used but how far you open the lid. Only Support can verify that as a problem.

1 Like

There is a great post here:

go through all the suggested steps and report them back here, that way when a staff member gets here (if you haven’t already gotten it fixed on your own!) they’ll know what you’ve done.

Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

I cleaned all lenses, with power off to GF, closed down internet, shut off PC, removed power to router for 3 minutes. I then restored power to router, turned on PC, turned on GF, then logged into GF. Nothing changed, unit is still stuck in focusing mode. I made sure there was not any glare, placed a piece of proof material in machine, also while machine was powered down I moved engraver head to center of bed. Nothing fixes the issue. The head does not move to any knid of home during initial startup, maybe there is another issue as well.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I also checked the connections to laser head, and on the lid.

1 Like

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.