Machine stuck on centering and head keeps jerking toward the left wall

Our machine is stuck on centering and the head continues to jerk left towards the left wall of the machine. We have cleaned the entire machine. We have checked our internet connections. We have checked the tracks. Is there anything else we can try?

Welcome to the community! :sunglasses:
With the machine off, center the GF logo on the head under the camera and turn it on. See if that helps it find the head and calibrate for you.

1 Like

I tried that. It sits and spins :tired_face:

Hello @crisp0624 - I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble with your printer centering. Thanks for reaching out.

I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate the problem, and it seems like your unit is running into trouble during the calibration step. During calibration, the lid camera finds the Printer Head by taking a series of images. There are a few different reasons this error may be occurring. Please walk through the steps below to get back on track.

• Turn off your Glowforge

• Clean your lid camera with a Zeiss wipe

• Remove all material from the crumb tray

• Check that the carriage plate is installed correctly with the teeth on the belt pointing to the inside, and no twists in the belt. You can follow these instructions to clean and check Carriage Plate. Based off your description of the issue, this particular step is where I suspect we may find an answer.

Once you’ve had a chance to perform these troubleshooting steps, turn on your Glowforge and let it try the calibration again. If you are still having trouble, let us know.

I emailed support and have already done these things. Still not working.

I emailed support 2 days ago. I have had two responses since…none of which have helped. I have continued to reach out by email with no reply. My request number is 245972. I would love for someone from support to contact me to help. I received my machine on Sept 2 and wasn’t expecting to have issues so soon :tired_face:. Thanks in advance for your help and support!

@Mike.D IS support. (You can tell by the word “staff” next to his name.) By writing them via email and here, you have opened two support tickets which slows things down and gets confusing because you have two different conversations going. I know you’re anxious, but give them a bit to sort things out and get back to you. I promise they’ll get things resolved one way or another.

@Mike.D I just received my machine a month ago and I had no idea that this created a new ticket. I just know no one seems to be communicating anything other than scripted emails and we are wasting time if we need to send the machine back. Im trying to be patient but when you have had a $6k machine a month you expect a little more use before issues and quick responses from support when they occur. Thanks!

Mike’s response wasn’t scripted and he checked your machine log. It looks like he suspects the issue may be with your carriage plate, so if you have checked and cleaned the plate, it might help to mention the time you tried calibration again so he can take a look at it.

@Mike.D I have tried calibrating since 2 pm. Thanks!

Hi Mike.

Will you please give an estimate as to when Someone will contact me with a solution?

Thanks!

Hello @crisp0624 - Thank you for sharing the ticket number for your email. To make sure we’re being as prompt as possible in responding and keeping communication clear, I’ve followed up via email and we can finish up our troubleshooting process there. With that in mind I’m going to go ahead and close this topic. Thanks!