Made a tri-fold Pop-up card for the Teacher

It’s the end of the school year for our elementary kids and I really appreciated the teachers who found ways to reach out and help my kid, who learns best by physically fiddling around with things, finish the school year digitally.

(The cheesy poem and primary color mixes are simple and bright because of the age group of the class :wink:)

I relied heavily on Somewhat Comprehensive Testing of Settings for Cutting Paper and Cardstock for establishing baseline settings on my Pro.

I also used the free svg files for the tree from Jennifer Maker at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9XOwgjN2qo&app=desktop. It is the same construction theory as the popcards that are popular, but of her own free-use design.

I could NOT have made something that is usually just an idea in my head into reality without the GF to do the intricate work…it was exponentially more difficult trying to make the tree than I expected because it had to be 3” tall or less… for scale you can see how much detail I was able to get on both the flowers and the hearts with all 26 kids’ names from class!

I used engraving for the flowers and names, cutting for the trunk and hearts.

I used cutting for the silhouettes, desks and other pop-outs but hand cut the mechanisms because it required a lot of trial and error to get proper function.

I didn’t realize how complex some very simple-looking elements of moving papercraft are!

I love the variety of materials I can use on this machine!

46 Likes

Nice work. You are very patient.

4 Likes

Thanks! It was a learning experience for sure!

Patient would describe his teachers better than me, but I like that it gives the impression! :joy:

5 Likes

I think that is seriously impressive!

4 Likes

Super nice job on that! The teacher will be thrilled.

4 Likes

Wow! That is so detailed and intricate! You did an amazing job with this!

4 Likes

That’s one awesome pop-up card!

3 Likes

It’s like a virtual classroom without the headset. Amazing work!

4 Likes

Beautiful and intricate work! That is really special, and such a great idea.

3 Likes

You get an A+ for this very fine card. Your gratitude is well expressed.

5 Likes

Wonderful expression of spirit from simple materials! Gratitude shines from that work of art, you poured a lot into that! :star_struck:

3 Likes

good grief, that looks so complicated. every time you opened a new portion, it was like “wait, there’s more?”

5 Likes

What a fabulous card. I love it!

2 Likes

It’s so nice to know that whenever I need to keep my Glowforge ego in check I can hop on the “Made On A Glowforge” community and realize what a complete rookie I am. :joy: :joy:

This is seriously impressive! I can’t even…

4 Likes

Really spectacular!! Teachers deserve a lot of recognition and appreciation. The recipient will be thrilled!

4 Likes