Magic button not responding

I got as far as the program telling me to push the button. It’s blinking white and when pressed nothing happens. The program goes through the process of focusing and such, just doesn’t print. I’ve only had the machine a month and have used it a few times a week. I read on the forum to turn it off for thirty seconds, turn it back on and push until the teal button goes on. I did this and continued with the instructions that said to turn it off and restart. Nothing helps. The last print I tried was a glowforge print, and still nothing.
Help

1 Like

It sounds like you might have a mechanical failure of the button. Look inside/underneath and see if you can see a loose wire - but other than that I’d wait until a staff member can respond.

:frowning: that bites

3 Likes

Now I’m not getting the flashing light, but it says it’s ready for me to push the button.

1 Like

I put in proof grade wood and it started up. I will continue to monitor the quality and go from there.

1 Like

@tinadalton I’m glad you resolved it! It looks like you also have an email ticket open so to avoid multiple communications I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!