Magic Button Not Working

When I turn on the printer the magic button flashes purple for a bit. I then try to do a regular print and seems like everything is ready to go. I send the print to the printer light is glowing white like normal on button and then press the button and nothing happens. Printer won’t do anything.

I have rebooted by wifi router, computer and have turned off glowforge several times with no changes. I have also tried to push the button to re connect wifi but the button won’t turn teal. Please let me know if anyone has any other suggestions! I have several orders to complete for my customers and am worried my machine is broken! :frowning:

Welcome to the forum! Sucky that your first visit here is for an issue, but we’ll try to help while you wait for a staff member to respond to this ticket you’ve opened.

It sounds like the physical connection to the button might be having issues. Can you look on the underside and see if you can see any disconnected wires?

/uploads/db6859/optimized/3X/1/a/1a0e7acf1dfbf93001fefe3d50aae3a3c6502dc9_2_666x500.jpeg

@ deirdrebeth It appears to be connected! I appreciate you replying.

1 Like

:frowning: I mean, that’s good, but sad as that might have been an easy fix. It’s likely that they’re going to tell you the machine needs to be returned for repair, but wait for a staff member because they may see something from the back end that we can’t from here.

If that’s the case, now is the time to verify a back-up machine in your area, or another maker who’s willing to sub-contract, or other things to keep your business going while your machine is getting repaired!

1 Like

Thanks so much. I am worried. I really hope someone gets back to me soon.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the trouble with your Glowforge and that your button isn’t working. Thank you for the detailed information you’ve shared so far, including what you’ve already tried. After reviewing all of the information you’ve shared along with the logs from your Glowforge, our team has found that, unfortunately, your printer has an issue that can’t be resolved remotely.

I’m so sorry for the bad news. I’ll be in touch with you soon via email regarding next steps.

1 Like