Magic canvas low quality

Hello. I was not sure where to post this. I wanted to know if there is a setting for higher quality magic canvas. All of my images are of low quality and do not think they will engrave well on large pieces. Is there only one quality setting? Thank you!

1 Like

Have you tried that as a prompt? HQ, high quality, 4K resolution… Maybe it’ll work. I know other AIs can be tricked into doing things…mostly. That’s all the idea i have for this.

2 Likes

I have found it to be variable but where the image is 512x512 I have used Gimp to double it to 1024x1024. There is no increase in detail but the jaggies are considerably reduced to a blur and thus less in your face. I have also where possible turned the result into vectors that can be scaled.

3 Likes

Thank you both. I have tried saying highly detailed but most images are are still ehhh quality. I will try to upsize that way and see how it goes.

Here is one I did and you can see the detail. It took a lot of work but everything was converted to lines.

It is not even engraved but cut out. I found the original. It is 512x512 pixels

3 Likes

What style did you use? Coloring book?

1 Like

I believe so. Geometric is similar but I think it was hard black and white only as well.

1 Like

This is how I do it in Gimp…

3 Likes

I think geometric is gone. I have tried searching to give something I can convert to svg but not having much luck

Gimp works very well for that. The photo above is the first thing and then I create masks and save them as paths. Then I export all the paths as an SVG and if the image is modified export that as a png. Then I go to Inkscape and open the SVG and drop in the PNG.

Each path is a bit screwed up but by using Path>Union on each object alone it cleans up those glitches. Then I go and clean everything up, from tiny triangles to tying some stuff together or breaking it apart. all the time using the png for reference. For cutting through of course I need to use the vectors but sometimes I just turn off most of the vectors and engrave the image.

2 Likes

An example more or less direct…

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.