Magnet on printer head

Hey everybody, I have what I’m calling an emergency. I was starting a print and had wiped down lens and all of that, but I forgot to put the head back in place. I then heard a bump, put the head back in place and tried to continue or start over but got error message stating that the head experienced a bump and to lift the lid. when I did that I heard a rough sound as i if the laser arm is making the noise. I no longer see the backing of the printer head. could it be stuck some place and if so could it be that the printer backing is the magnetic part? PLEASE PLEASE HELP!

Are you talking about this part?
printer head

take and post photos?

After the fact, but it sounds as if you didn’t power your GF off before trying to reseat the head. In the future, make sure to always power off first.

1 Like

Turn the machine off, double check that the printhead is properly seated and then turn it back on. What happens?

2 Likes

If it’s the cap with the GF logo on it the magnets in it are recessed and it probably won’t stick very solidly to anything other than the magnets on the head where it belongs. It should be pretty easy to see where it is if that is what you are talking about. I’m confused about what you call the backing of the printer head. A photo would really help.

3 Likes

Hi Takita,

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge and I’ll be helping you troubleshoot today. I’m so sorry you are experiencing this issue.

Can you please send me some photos of which backing is missing?

I look forward to hearing back from you,

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.