In response to a response to a question:
- Open the software and select your font, type out the name:
Select everything, right click and Create Outlines.
Select everything, right click and Ungroup. Resize or shift the letters over so that they overlap at some point.
- Select everything, click on the Unite button in the Pathfinder menu:
- If you want to add a small hanging ring, draw up a couple of Filled circles, center the smaller one over the larger one, and subtract out the center in order to create a ring shaped Compound Path. Use the Minus Front function in the Pathfinder palette.
Makes a compound path:
- Combine the ring with the name shape using the Unite tool again:
- Set the Fill to Null and set a Stroke Color.
That’s about it!