(Yes, thank you Discourse, I know the title is similar to the titles for AI and AD.)
- Open the software and select your font, type out the name:
- Select everything, click on Path > Object to Path.
Select everything, right click and Ungroup. (Might also require Path> Break apart.) Resize or shift the letters over so that they overlap at some point.
Select everything, click on Path > Union.
- If you want to add a small hanging ring, draw up a couple of Filled circles, center the smaller one over the larger one, and subtract out the center in order to create a ring shaped Compound Path. Select both and click Path> Difference.
- Combine the ring with the name shape using the Path > Union tool again:
- Set the Fill to Null and set a Stroke Color.
That’s about it!