Make Something: First Tests

Came across this! The closest I’ve seen to a well done “unboxing”

35 Likes

Sweeeeet!!

1 Like

The whole time I was like, “why didn’t he cut a hole in those pieces as he was lasering them?” And then the drill…ack! Poor guy. :flushed:

16 Likes

Hahaha I thought the same thing, I mean it’s just draw a circle, but I have to admit that it was fun :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

It’s probably just because it’s late and I’m hopped up on caffeine, but this video was getting to me a bit.

Don’t throw that old laser away man!
Why can’t you just put the original little tree in there and scan trace it?
Why are we drilling when we have a laser?

I’d really like him to do a video on that exhaust setup next. Good video.

11 Likes

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!

Great super simple usage. Subscribed (now that this forum has made me do that kind of thing on YouTube.)

2 Likes

Me also! I think he’s on the forums here somewhere also. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Indeed! @picciuto here on the forum.

This is so freaking brilliant I want to do it myself. Although I am thinking I want to do a 3d engrave of a pine tree. Out of pine.

Put that on my todo list…

18 Likes

I was thinking the same thing. My workspace is vary similar, so i’m really interested how well it works with that type of window.
I was thinking i would have to replace the window or drill through the wall.

Since he put the FSL in the GF :glowforge: shipping box and then the box in the trash, does he get personal visits by @GlowforgeStaff when he needs tech support? :open_mouth: :wink:

3 Likes

One, as everyone said why drill a hole in a piece you are already laser cutting (and not even a separate workflow, it’s all in cut mode?) And he had a laser before, so not like he doesn’t know about lasers…

Second IF he felt the need to drill he has a DRILL PRESS in the background which will make a way more precise vertical cut AND drill a freakin pilot hole!!! That is thin ply…

1 Like

He has the tray in backwards… driving me nuts. Hope he doesn’t try to cut on the plastic.

Black and decker instead of festool? Surely a troll move

3 Likes

Well… it is just an air freshener… but I agree on the “you have a laser so why wouldn’t you use that to cut the hole” statements!

1 Like

Wow. Toss the tried and true Full Spectrum in the trash for an unproven pre-release Glowforge. That’s ballsy. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

He threw a box in the trash at any rate.

5 Likes

Thanks everyone! I didn’t throw the old one in the trash. It was a joke. We like to have fun on my channel! :slight_smile:
Also, I was so excited to unbox my Glowforge that I forgot to draw the hole and I put my honeycomb tray in backwards. Life is all about learning from your mistakes!

45 Likes

Betcha some wish they had worded their posts a little differently.

11 Likes

Uhhmmmm…yep! (Been there done that!) :grin:

Great video! :smiley:

4 Likes

Emmm, nope, it was fun! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Turn your tray around! the plastic part goes in the back!

1 Like