Make Something: First Tests

I could have sworn Makforge has dinged a few times. Didn’t at first.

4 Likes

The unit I’m using dinged today. Just finishing up a print. Curioser and curioser.

4 Likes

It was a @hopper idea. “Make Glowforge sound like a microwave.”

13 Likes
7 Likes

@Dan is sending secret messages to you. :smiley:

4 Likes

If he is, I’m not understanding them. :no_mouth: ???
(But i did automatically get up to take the toast out of the toaster.)

10 Likes

On the re-do you should totally do a kiddo style Christmas tree…like three stacked triangles. That should keep them happy. :roll_eyes:

Thanks for sharing–it was a very fun video while it lasted. Looking forward to seeing more of your Glowforge fun!

4 Likes

I thought they only dinged when the Dancakes were done

23 Likes

I think we need customizable sounds then. In today’s world we have so many devices alerting us for our attention, the GF needs to be distinguishable from the others… or allow it to be disabled altogether.

I still feel the sensation of my phone continually vibrating in my pocket because of calls from work… and Ive been unemployed 6 weeks.

9 Likes

Yes, that phantom Buzz is a thing. :kissing:

5 Likes

National Pancake Day is in about a week!

2 Likes

Every day is pancake day if you’re doing it right. :wink:

9 Likes

The latest pre-release seems to have a solid highly reflective 3 1/2" band (feels like aluminum to me) that curves along both sides. The front and back panels are metal.

36 Likes

Congrats!

5 Likes

Oh. Aren’t you the subtle one. Congrats!

11 Likes

You missed it while you were out of town…he dropped a few rather broad hints a few days ago. :wink:

6 Likes

Yeah I caught that he was getting one but was waiting for proof.

3 Likes

This was a big “holy cow how did we miss that” moment at GFHQ - we’ll work on making the correct orientation more obvious.

You all’s feedback is invaluable. Here @makesomething suffers so you don’t have to. :wink:

19 Likes

ARGH!

9 Likes

All the bits and bobs are coming into place. :slight_smile: The lower flap is still sticky on some units, but we’re working on that too.

17 Likes