Make your own Icosidodecahedron

Attached you will find the STL file to 3D print the necessary internals for making a Icosidodecahedron like this. I have also included the generic SVG file. If you want to change the sizing of the shape, just know that the holes are 1/2" from the corners. It’s designed to work with M3 screws, but I’ve also use 6-32 with a bit of extra effort. If you don’t have access to a 3D Printer, you can buy these shapes here.

You need to print 30 of these for a Icosidodecahedron.
icosidodecahedron%20render

Icosidodecahedron-metric.stl (127.1 KB)

Icosidodecahedron%20Faces

58 Likes

This is really kind of you to share your work with everyone - thanks so much. I have been wanting to make one and now I have no excuses left, hehe. Thanks!

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m too lazy to do the math, so I appreciate them too! :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks so much! I don’t have a 3D printer, but I just bought a set of the internals from the link. This should be really fun to make!

2 Likes

Thanks so much - wish I had a 3D printer.

1 Like

Thank you so very much! Extremely generous share!

1 Like

Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Testing my fits before lasering with wood, this design is cool!!

10 Likes

Very cool!

Final:

16 Likes

The engravings look great. Nice work!

This is beautiful! I bought a 3D printer specifically in mind for building these polyhedrons :slight_smile: I also bought your pentakis dodecahedron. Maybe I’m missing something obvious, though, but where is the SVG for this one?

I’ll check it tomorrow and worst case I can just send it to you.

You need to right click on the picture of the image and save as .svg

3 Likes

Ah, didn’t realize SVGs render in a web browser. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Deirdrebeth sorted me out :slight_smile: I have the SVG for the one I bought. It’s the one here I was derp’ing over. Thanks!!

1 Like

Cooking up a plate of my own.

2 Likes

Be sure to post your finished polyhedral, of course…

I was on your etsy store and noticed your name has M2 in it. Is that because your 3D printer is a Makergear M2? I have and love the Makergear M3ID.

Good guess, but my initials are MM and that’s where the M2 comes from. I use a Lulzbot TAZ 6 Pro for my 3D printing. :slight_smile:

2 Likes