Maker Faire NYC (Oct 1st & 2nd)

Woohoo! Can’t wait to meet you in person. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t sell any files, I give them all away. Some people buy kits other people cut their own, the two groups rarely overlap.
I’ve tried to manage other peoples files for money in the past and it’s an exhausting waste of time. If people want to share files they pop up on all the sharing files/forums asap, you can’t issue take down requests fast enough to keep on top of them.

9 Likes

Sounds like I’m heading to the maker pavilion first!

2 Likes

Well… I would like one database download please! I will bring a thumbdrive :smiley:

The Glowforge catalog should serve you well. Even if you do hand out the files freely still, pop some up in the catalog at lowish prices, and allow whoever does buy them to trickle a bit more money into your pockets.

7 Likes

They have parking listed now! Now I don’t have to drive aimlessly around queens looking for parking!:grin:

http://makerfaire.com/new-york/getting-to-maker-faire/

1 Like

I saw that. I’ll pay the extra $10 for Corona Park - it’s walkable vs Queens College. At the end of the day there’ll be an easy hour’s wait for a shuttle otherwise.

You can also park at any of the garages on/near Roosevelt Ave. That’s the #7 subway line so you can grab the subway to 111th street and it’s only a couple blocks to NYSCI.

2 Likes

Now that you are not going to be able to attend- What’s the SOP on this now?

1 Like

You mean on that beer? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, had to post a queen driving around aimlessly looking for parking.

8 Likes

With her son in the car behind wishing she would just pull over and let him past.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

About 1 hour till the start of events. No meet-ups scheduled that I am aware of, and unlikely to be able to get a connection to the net mid-faire. So if there is a dinner meeting tonight, have fun all.

Just parked and walking there. Planning on going to glowforge first before the lines get crazy.

By the way: anyone else staying at Holiday Inn Laguardia?

:sleepy: the chinchillas tugged my leash one of them developed a eye infection earlier this week so she need regular help to in goop her eye and med and another stopped eating due to a tooth abscesse she she needs hand feeding until that clears up. So I can’t leave for extended periods. Take lots of pics ppl and have fun

1 Like

Get well soon little ones.

And to others - where are the pics from maker faire???

8 Likes

I didn’t take many. :sweat:
Made sure to grab a picture with @bailey! I’ll post some more later.

14 Likes

Met @takitus, @joe, @karaelena, @m_raynsford, @henryhbk, @polarbrainfreeze . Pics won’t happen unless hotel wifi cooperates with phone and laptop alike. But also did not take many (Nothing new since Bay Area, except their sample pieces).

One thing which I had not seen Glowforge show off here on the forums: They have laser cut stamps! I remember in the early months of the forum we had a few users highly interested in custom stamps. Well… they work!

13 Likes

Very kewl - that was one of my materials on the wish list. Any idea what substrate they used ( laserbits?) or if it will become a proofgrade?? Looking forward to pics - Enjoy your weekend in the big apple.

1 Like

I know NOTHING about stamps unfortunately. And they had been inked already, so I couldn’t even say what color the base material was.

Met @m_raynsford and grabbed a couple of pics at the GF display. Wife wants me to make a couple of things they had on display because I “never make anything useful” :grinning:

11 Likes