Maker TV and Youtube- I miss Norm

Gee guys thanks for reminding me the Master bath is the next project. All the pics look great. You all have to be pleased. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Very clean tile work! I think Iā€™m lucky the tiles I picked were sort of rustic. Makes some of my uneven work not so noticeable.

@printolaser, Yeah, I figured with it right next to the sink Iā€™d better just spend the money. Speaking of downstream outlets, the only one is behind that mirror, in the recessed cabinet for charging toothbrushes and an electric razor.

4 Likes

Yeah, decided to install one next to the bar sink, and subsequently realized it was the last outlet on the circuit. :unamused:

1 Like

Solid work!
My dad learned as he went from friends and neighborsā€¦ never hired anything out. Bless him for his strengths; but the man is a chauvinist. I have a blind eye, so I was both handicapped and a girl. I used to ask if I could help and if he would teach me, and heā€™d give me the broom.
He tried to teach my brother the art of the hammer and drill.
Now as an adult, I learn a lot from YouTube. I learned the confidence from Dad. Now that he sees me building and my brother hiring, he has begun to teach me some of what he knows; but Iā€™ve usually seen 13 youtube demos on a given skill before we start the project.
I believe that the most important tool in your shop is the confidence to try.
I love what you have done in that bathroom. Iā€™ve never heard of RedGard - but Iā€™m bookmarking this for researching.
I didnā€™t end up getting my bathroom like I wanted. My kid was in active chemo treatment when the shower started leaking, and the docs suggested opening walls might threaten her weakened immune system, so I just re-grouted and re-sealed.
But first, I asked handyman friends what goes in to rebuilding a shower from the studs and joists, and they gave me scared answers of ā€œthatā€™s a lot of workā€¦ā€ Which is to say they hadnā€™t done it so it couldnā€™t be done.
Thanks for sharing. It looks like a fabulous project.

5 Likes

I have one friend who bought a house that needed the bathroom replaced: plumbing, tub, tiles, sheetrock, studs, joists, floor, subfloor.
He did the whole thing himself, over the course of about three months, and it looks great (love heated floors when you are getting out of the shower).

Afterwards he told me that he now thinks plumbing is fairly easy, and that he will never try to tile again in his life.

1 Like

The tile isnā€™t so bad.
Iā€™ve done some, and had results I am pleased with by the fourth job. This is the [floor] entryway in my split-entrance home.

Second job was done well; but I followed the recommendation on the box rather than taking advice. Iā€™ll share that hereā€¦ when doing the wood grained ceramic tile, smaller grout lines. Smallest grout lines. Ignore the box that suggests 1/4" spacing since the tiles are 36 inches long. Go with 1/16 or 1/32 inch.

10 Likes

Gorgeous job! :relaxed:

Thanks. Iā€™m pretty pleased with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice!
(floor of the entryway, not a wallā€¦ took me second trying to figure out why there was carpet on the side of those ā€˜shelvesā€™ lol. got it!)

2 Likes

Thanks!
Iā€™m not really html literate. I couldnā€™t figure out how to rotate the photo, and decided it was fineā€¦ but I did clarify the post.