Making the Map of Tamriel from The Elder Scrolls

Hey Everyone!
Made a new map!

Every time I make a new map, I get asked the same questions: What is my process, what materials do I use, and how do I create my files.

Well In this video, I walk through my map-making process for the Map of Tamriel from the Elder Scrolls series and dive into how I optimize my files for a laser cutter.

I talk through my iPad process as well as the Glowforge. This isn’t necessarily supposed to be a tutorial as much as it is an explanation about how we do it. If you guys really want a full walkthrough tutorial, let me know!

If you don’t want to learn how we make out files, feel free to skip to minute marker 8:08 - https://youtu.be/UCQBl2LDy0g?t=488

Link to the video where I go over how I make my Map files

Thank you, everyone, for all your support. This community is so friendly and encouraging! I hope you guys find this video beneficial and if you have any more questions, feel free to let us know!

Nicole Christianson
When Geeks Craft

Edit- Laser files are available for sale - There is also the finished product for sale but you all have laser cutters lol so figured I would share the laser file listing. https://www.etsy.com/listing/756247510/laser-cutting-files-map-of-tamriel-svg?ref=shop_home_active_1

45 Likes

Great map thx for sharing. I cant seem to access the video it seems to be listed as private.

1 Like

yea…its because its schedule to release in like 5 minutes lol

3 Likes

Ah jumped the gun lol

it should be up NOW. i just hit release lol you were quicker than me lol

3 Likes

Very, very nice

2 Likes

thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I could watch that for hours…Beautiful map and I love the process.

1 Like

thank you :slight_smile: I made this basically for this community so im really happy to hear you like it

2 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing your process!

1 Like

Not a problem!

1 Like

I think I like this one best of all your maps! Outstanding as always, and thanks for sharing your process.

Thank you so much @cynd11. Im very fond of this one too. I think it came out awesome and i was happy to share my process with the group here!

And, it is FANTASTIC!

1 Like

aww thanks !

1 Like

Really neat, and a beautiful map! Thank you so much for sharing the process!

1 Like

Thanks for the video. I have been enjoying your work and have been wanting to message you and ask you questions about your process.

That map looks fantastic. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you and no problem at all!

well i hope i was able to answer those questions for you. if you have any others, feel free to message!