Mandala Business Card Holder

Thank you, I had to change browsers to get he option to save as SVG. IE wouldn’t let me but Chrome does…odd, thanks again for the reply

Yeah, neither IE or Edge give .svg options…frustrating but not terribly surprising sadly :-/

Thanks! I made it out of acrylic (had to use a little clear glue) but it looks awesome.

3 Likes

pics please

2 Likes

26 Likes

Interesting use of the SVG file. Looks like you used a “score” and an “etch” for the many inner filled areas instead of a simple cut. I was wondering how PG acrylic did with my original mandala’s fine detail—but I’m not going to learn that from your project. What you did would be a great way to make a waterproof mandala coaster.

Looks good! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I can not figure out how to save this file… If I right click and save I can open in Inkscape but then I have to trace bitmap and it doesn’t come out right. Any ideas?

Would you happen to be using Edge for a browser? If so, that is your problem, it won’t let you save the SVG file. You need to use a different browser.

1 Like

I really want this file but only the png is showing up :(. Help please!

Nevermind! Read comments and opened on Chrome!

1 Like

Welcome to the community! There’s so much good stuff here, glad you were able to figure out the IE/Edge Chrome fix on your own :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! There are tons of things on here, it’s overwhelming at first. We’ve had our glowforge for a little over a month now. Finally had the chance to go back through the Free Laser Designs again! So much fun!

2 Likes

Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing! This will make a beautiful gift.

1 Like

[quote=“ChristyM, post:11, topic:32808”]
into a napkin holder!

Did you ever make one? Curious if you made it from wood or acrylic

I never did! But if I had it would have been wood. I have a strong preference for wood over acrylic for most things.

1 Like

How did you make this mandala business card holder? Is it all from scratch or did you use a piece of software to get the kerfs and what not?

All from scratch. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It comes out awesomely in Draftboard not so much on birch ply

1 Like

It works well on the PG plywoods. I haven’t tried it on BB. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Beautiful! Still makes me nervous to think about it breaking lol

2 Likes