Mandala Business Card Holder

Variation in materials can make a design work or not work sadly - if you’re designing yourself you can measure your material to be sure, but using someone else’s design sometimes runs that risk.

Now, if you were able to get the slots together, just not all the way, then you might try hitting the flat side with a mallet. If you don’t have a rubber one you can use a hammer, but you’ll want to put another piece of wood between your finished piece and where the hammer is hitting cuz it’ll probably get dented!

2 Likes

Thanks! That is helpful to know - I’ll test out a hammer this morning!

1 Like

Or use an Emery board or other nail file and give the edges of the slots or tabs a few passes.

3 Likes

Thank you! A rubber mallet did the trick. It looks awesome!

1 Like

Hello, Is the file still available for this project? I would love this for my desk :0)

It’s right up there in the first post, under where it says “here’s the file.” :slight_smile: Right click on the design and you should be able to “save image as” to save the .svg file to your computer.

3 Likes

Is this a design file we can find somewhere?
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

See the message just above yours. :wink:

4 Likes

Yes, but what about the design file?

7 Likes

Brat. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

yayyy it wasn’t just me. Right click on the image, hit File save and it will download as an SVG. I thought that trick was only for jpegs and gifs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I download to svg, the image is like 1.25x, do you just resize the whole set of images to match the 1" square. I would just do that but I am actually helping a family member at home, and I am away from my GF.

You’re probably getting bit by the 72 dpi vs. 96 dpi issue. My design is sized at 96 dpi to match what the Glowforge expects, so if you set your design program to that, everything should be sized correctly.

So pretty, thanks for sharing.

Sylvia

1 Like

Maybe I’m missing something…when I right click to download it I only get option to save a PNG or bitmap and it’s tiny? Any advise?

Right click on the line drawing in the first post, not the picture. Save As > SVG.

Thank you, I had to change browsers to get he option to save as SVG. IE wouldn’t let me but Chrome does…odd, thanks again for the reply

Yeah, neither IE or Edge give .svg options…frustrating but not terribly surprising sadly :-/

Thanks! I made it out of acrylic (had to use a little clear glue) but it looks awesome.

3 Likes

pics please

2 Likes