Mandala

A gorgeous design. Looking at it is am thinking “What a cool tea lamp that would make!”

1 Like

Wow. Just…wow. I am so in love with this machine, and I am SO going to print one of these beauties THIS VERY MINUTE.

Thanks for sharing it!!!

2 Likes

Weeding was a pain, but SO worth it! :slight_smile:

15 Likes

Can save some resources. It will depend on the thin runs.

Back when I was making that Eiffel tower I got to the point where the struts were as small as I could make them.
Anything smaller and they LOOKED ok, until you touched them and they turned into dust.

9 Likes

Thank you, this is something that will find its way to the forge.

2 Likes

The Mandala is something that absolutely needs very sticky duct tape to remove all the paper backing…

9 Likes

Thank you for the file! Can’t wait for some free time to give it a go!

2 Likes

must be missing something - I see the “file” but I’m unable to download it?..

Right click and choose Save Image As…SVG.

1 Like

thanks - had just figured it out :slight_smile: 1st time here ha! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you make these patterns or is there a place available to purchase them?

Someone makes them all (not the same someone). As the Area is called “Free Laser Designs” there is nobody charging for these. I you look for the picture that is somewhat odd (not a photo) and right click on it you will find you can download it as an svg.

3 Likes

I should clarify, I’m only on my first cup of coffee lol

What I meant was the actual design of the mandala. I’ve seen many different ones, but I was curious if that was something you designed yourself or there was some variety of stock option so it can be applied to different projects.

Presumably by putting the design in Free Laser Designs the Poster is saying that the design is open-source and available to copy and apply to different projects no matter if it was their design. This is not foolproof but if you google the image the source will be revealed if they did not design it themselves and you can check. In any case the ownership of a design is a very deep can of worms and if you want to claim the design as your own then it does not matter where you got it, you still are working on someones original effort even if they died a thousand years ago.

Like I say a can of worms that if you want to avoid, then do everything yourself without even referencing an idea you have seen. It all depends on how anal you want to be about it.

1 Like

@dennis: This started as one of many random bit mapped mandala patterns on the 'Net—with modification by me to increase the complexity. :sunglasses:

That’s the reason for my curiosity. I certainly don’t want to go down that road. If I do end up using someone else’s art, I want to make sure it’s properly applied and licensed. I have no interest in opening a can of worms.

1 Like

I’m clearly having a stupid moment - in many of these posts I see a faint (sometimes small, sometimes larger) outline I presume is the SVG file rendered, but NOT DOWNLOADABLE. This is a good example. I’m on Chrome but also tried Safari and Firefox. Am I somehow blocking a proper dl (I can get SVGs from elsewhere ok,) or are people uploading these files incorrectly?

Right click and “save as.” It will download to your computer as an SVG. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing this design. I love mandalas, and this one is so lovely. It also is the very first item I printed with my Glowforge, so that makes it even more special (to me, anyway). Thank you again for being kind enough to share it.

6 Likes

Welcome to our corner of the internet and please share pictures as you are willing :smiley: