Thank you everyone for all the tips. I am done with them! Yeah! !Nail saver answer -

teh smaller the bits, the better gorilla tape is for getting them off cleanly.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

I found it works best on them,
Also Purell hand sanitizer will dissolve the adhesive nicely, but will also dissolve any MDF not so nicely.
I also use the scrap edges of any acrylic I have cut.

2 Likes

Thanks! I will give the acrylic edges a try. I tried the water, it helped a lot, but I still had to scrape a little, so maybe the acrylic pieces will work for now until I get gorilla tape. So excited about getting it!!! :grin: :grin: :grin:

1 Like

It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together, Also the adhesive is stronger than most any other.

2 Likes

Duct tape rules! :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Didn’t work for me, but thanks anyway. I did try!

1 Like

THANK YOU!!! You guys are awesome and so is Gorilla tape!!!

9 Likes

What @eflyguy said… plastic razor blades are a must have.

1 Like

… except they come in packs of 100. I’m still using the same one (individual blade) since I got the machine three years ago!

4 Likes

i’m not as gentle with them as you, i guess. i’ve mangled my fair share of plastic blades.

1 Like

lifetime supply

2 Likes

Great stuff but as always, some cautions.
Try not to press into large engraved areas, since it pulls off the engraving also.
Do not use on small, intricate cut designs. It will pull off the small segments instead of just the tape.
Razor blade, sharp probe, picks, and other options may be used then.

Sadly, no one size fits all with any of this.

3 Likes

my process to avoid that is to lay the tape gently, then use the brayer to just press to the original surface. it works fine as long as you don’t have large contiguous areas engraved blocks.

2 Likes

The tape is too expensive to waste over areas that don’t need weeding! :smiley:

1 Like

tape is not more expensive than my time… :wink:

9 Likes

I hope to get there one day :laughing:

1 Like

gotta learn to love yourself more than $0.05 for a few minutes of your time.

4 Likes

I’m glad you got it figured out because that’s a lot of weeding! Just in case it hasn’t been said yet, you can probably get away without masking at all. You sometimes might get something called “flashback” where the tray scorches the back and you can leave masking on the back if that happens, but it’s really not needed when engraving.

1 Like

You can also prevent/reduce flashback by placing your material on a sheet of paper. YMMV…

1 Like