Mandala

Good to know! There is always more to be had. :grin:

Weld. Keep your Weld in a container with a very very small opening to retard the evaporation. Something like a Vanilla Extract bottle.

1 Like

Not to take away from someone’s plug-in income at all, but there’s a lot of ways to make mandalas in native Illustrator ranging from pretty easy to ridiculously over engineered. This is one of my favorite methods as it’s not too complex and shows how the whole mandala looks as you’re drawing

9 Likes

Thanks!! I really appreciate it!! :smiley: I remember looking at Astute Graphic several years ago, but at the time it wasn’t the best fit for me. I had actually forgot about them until I saw your post.
Now that I want to design my own stuff for GF, I have been struggling to learn more about designing in Illustrator. (I can see in my head what I want to create, but I swear Ai hates me! :rofl: ) So I hope Astute Graphics is a big part of my answer. The other half is watching hours of YouTube Ai tutorials. :grinning: Years ago, that’s how I learned Photoshop and I love Ps.

1 Like

Love Mandalas, thank you for the share.

I know i’m late to the party but thx for this free design :). I cut it into a piece of leather i had laying around 0.052" thick. made it 4" tried to do a 3" one but it didn’t work out so well with the leather.

10 Likes

Wow! That may be the cleanest cutting material that I’ve ever seen for this! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

If not PG, was it masked on both sides?

yup i masked it on both sides with some green painters tape.

1 Like

for me i think the trick was i cut it finished side down to give it the best chance to survive and used masking on both sides.

1 Like

I really liked the engraved! Here is a Mandala commercial use $1 (for a few days I think)(https://www.creativefabrica.com/discount-deals/?utm_source=Creative+Fabrica+Freebies&utm_campaign=12dc1190ba-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_12_04_12_21_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_81a49e3dfe-12dc1190ba-107713509&mc_cid=12dc1190ba&mc_eid=1e28a5a76e)

I know I am doing something incorrect!! When I right click I choose save as, and sgv is not an option. only bitmap and something else.

It’s likely your browser. Edge?

yup! just downloaded chrome

1 Like

hey there thanks, how do i download the svg file???

Click on the file, Save As.

If your browser doesn’t allow it, use a different one.

1 Like

I like the engraved version. It has inspired me to make a 10" mandala with the interior engraved rather than cut, and gluing it to 1/8" cork cut on the outside lines at 9 7/8" to use as a trivet.

To cut a 10" version is 29 minutes. To score the interior is 12 minutes. To engrave the interior is 2 hours 15 minutes.

2 Likes

So, 2 hours 15 minutes later, I have this. Tomorrow I will cut the cork and glue to the back.

7 Likes

That turned out really nice!

2 Likes

Thank you